ABOUT THE TRUST
The mission of the Decorative Arts Trust, a non-profit organization, is to promote and foster the appreciation and study of the decorative arts. We achieve our mission through:
- The exchange of information through domestic and international programming;
- Collaborations and partnerships with museums and preservation organizations; and
- Underwriting internships, research grants, and scholarships for graduate students and young professionals.
To support our mission, the Trust offers:
- Study Trips Abroad
- The Magazine of the Decorative Arts Trust with articles about current events, exhibitions, books, and new research
- Grants, scholarships, and internships for graduate students and young professionals through the Emerging Scholars Program
- Financial assistance for research, exhibitions, and publications through the Dean Failey Fund
To hear more about the Trust’s history and purpose listen to this podcast with Executive Director Matthew A. Thurlow.