THE DEAN F. FAILEY GRANT
The Decorative Arts Trust underwrites grants in support of noteworthy research, exhibition, publication, and object-based conservation projects through the Dean F. Failey Fund, named in honor of the Trust’s late Governor. Areas of interest include new scholarship in decorative arts, material culture, craftsmanship, and historic preservation.
Deadlines and Details
Grants for up to $15,000 are awarded on an annual basis. Organizations wishing to apply for consideration must submit a letter of inquiry by October 31 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Grant funds will be available as early as the subsequent January 1. The letter must describe the nature of the project and its impact on the field, and include CV’s for the project’s leaders as well as a budget and timeline. Preference will be given to projects that employ or are led by young professionals in the museum field. The Trust also aims to support colleagues and projects that represent the full diversity of our field.
Recipients of the Dean F. Failey Grant:
- 2021: New-York Historical Society, New York, NY; Preservation Society of Newport County, Newport, NH; Adrienne Childs, Cambridge, MA; Iris Moon, New York, NY
- 2020: Exhibition, American Swedish Historical Museum, Philadelphia, PA
- 2019: Exhibition, Boscobel House and Gardens, Garrison, NY
- 2019: Digital Furniture Workshop, Winterthur Museum, Winterthur, DE
- 2018: Exhibition, Furniture Study Galleries, Yale University Art Gallery, Fall 2019
- 2017: Publication, Elias Pelletreau,Silversmith, Patriot, and Entrepreneur, Fall 2018
- 2016: Exhibition, Elias Pelletreau, Long Island’s Paul Revere, Long Island Museum of American Art, Fall 2018