Summer 2021 Magazine Articles on Website
The Magazine of the Decorative Arts Trust is one of our most popular member benefits, and the summer 2021 issue reached members’ mailboxes in July. If you’d like a hard copy, become a member of the Trust today!
The Trust thanks all authors who participated in this issue’s creation. To expand the reach of their work, we are sharing these select magazine articles in a digital format for your enjoyment:
- “Curating the Revolution at the Concord Museum” by Erica Lome
- “Tiffany or Tiphony? The Art of Connoisseurship” by Lindsy R. Parrott
- “The Way Forward for the Decorative Arts Market” by Taryn Clary
- “Hooked on Beds: Stenton’s Re-created Flying Tester Bedstead” by Laura Keim
- “MESDA’s Southern Pathways: Visiting Curators Connect Community with Collections” by Daniel Ackermann with Michael J. Bramwell, Simiyha N. J. Garrison, and Robert Hunter
- “A Square Piano in Time and Space at the George Read II House” by Brenton Grom
- “Horse Stables and Musical Chairs: Scholars Share New Research During Virtual Colloquium” by Mary Fesak and Alexandra Cade
- “Jenrette’s Legacy at Your Fingertips: CAHPT to Launch Collections Catalog” by Grant Quertermous
- “Beneath the Surface: A Fresh Look at American Weathervanes” by Robert Shaw and Emilie Gevalt
- “Revitalizing Charleston’s Chancognie House: An Accidental Preservationist’s Journey” by Juliana Falk
- “Edward Caledon Bruce: A Deaf Artist in the Shenandoah Valley” by A. Nicholas Powers
- “Between Commerce and Craft: The Workshop of Olof Althin” by Trevor Brandt
- “Summer Reading Recommendations” by Carrie Greif
- “Research Grants Awarded to 14 Graduate Students” by Sara Long
The Magazine of the Decorative Arts Trust is mailed twice per year to Decorative Arts Trust members. Visit our website to learn more about membership benefits and gift memberships.
About The Decorative Arts Trust Bulletin
Formerly known as the "blog,” the Bulletin features new research and scholarship, travelogues, book reviews, and museum and gallery exhibitions. The Bulletin complements The Magazine of the Decorative Arts Trust, our biannual members publication.