Summer 2022 Magazine Articles Now Online
The Magazine of the Decorative Arts Trust is one of our most popular member benefits and is mailed twice per year exclusively to members of the Decorative Arts Trust.
Everyone interested in the decorative arts is invited to sample these select online articles from the summer 2022 issue of the Magazine:
- “Pope Villa: Latrobe’s Neoclassical Gem in Lexington” by Daniel K. Ackermann
- “The Folding Fan of Andalucía” by Carrie Greif
- “An Intriguing Muddle in Northern Ireland” by Matthew A. Thurlow
- “MESDA’s House Party Exhibition” by Michael J. Bramwell
- ”Factory of Illusions: Researching and Reconstructing an Art Deco Bedroom by Joseph Urban” by Talia Shiroma
- “New Book Explores Luxury After the Terror” by Iris Moon
- “Teaching Needlework: Quaker Mother-Daughter Duo Elizabeth and Ann Marsh” by Isabella Rosner
- “Chinese Porcelain and Japanese Lacquerware in the Cabinets of Amalia van Solms-Braunfels” by Lauryn Smith
- “The Wonders of Eyre Hall: Illuminating the Treasure of Virginia’s Eastern Shore” by J. Thomas Savage Jr.
- “Optics and Enslavement in Charles Wilson Peale’s Benjamin and Eleanor Laming” by Michael W. Hartman
- “Nancy McClelland: Illuminating the Scope of her Work through the Lens of Electra Havemeyer Webb” by Margaret Wood
- “Louise Brigham’s Box Furniture and the Long History of Democratic Design and Creative Reuse” by Jena Gilbert-Merrill
- “Summer Reading Recommendation: The Story of the Country House” by Jessie Dean
Print copies of this issue reached members’ mailboxes in July. If you would like a hard copy, become a member of the Trust today!
About The Decorative Arts Trust Bulletin
Formerly known as the "blog,” the Bulletin features new research and scholarship, travelogues, book reviews, and museum and gallery exhibitions. The Bulletin complements The Magazine of the Decorative Arts Trust, our biannual members publication.