Summer 2023 Magazine Articles Available Online
Enjoy these articles from the summer 2023 issue of The Magazine of the Decorative Arts Trust:
- “Hervey Silver at Ickworth” by Matthew A. Thurlow
- “Palermo’s Capella Palatina: A Cross-Cultural Jewel Box in Sicily” by Catherine Carlisle
- “Privies, Puzzles, and Pots: The Archaeology of Philadelphia Ceramics” by Debbie Miller
- “Argonaut: Dorothy Liebes and the Brussels Universal Exposition” by Susan Brown and Alexa Griffith Winton
- “The Material World of the Spanish Colonial Estrado” by Jorge F. Rivas Pérez
- “Chronicles of a Global East: Seattle Art Museum Exhibition Examines Silk Roads and Maritime Routes” by Foong Ping
- “Luxury and Passion: Inventing French Porcelain at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art” by William Keyse Rudolph
- “Completing the Picture: New Research into Craft, Slavery, and Servitude in Early Lancaster” by Bethany McGlyn
- “Made for Use: The Pottery of C.A. Haun” by Riley Kate Richards
- “Chinese Metalwork and English Restoration Silver in the ‘Chinese Taste’” by Susan Eberhard
- “Exploring Luxury Scissors as Works of Art in the Early Modern World” by Claire Sabitt
- “Global Objects: Towards a Connected Art History” by Jessie Dean
The Magazine of the Decorative Arts Trust is one of our most popular member benefits. The print issue is mailed directly to Trust members twice a year. If you would like a copy, consider becoming a member of the Trust today! Memberships begin at $50, with $25 memberships available for students.
About The Decorative Arts Trust Bulletin
Formerly known as the "blog,” the Bulletin features new research and scholarship, travelogues, book reviews, and museum and gallery exhibitions. The Bulletin complements The Magazine of the Decorative Arts Trust, our biannual members publication.
Click Images to Enlarge
Did you know that clicking on the images in Bulletin posts will allow you to get a closer look? Simply click on an image, and a larger version will open in a pop-up window.